Questions on repair Leather or just Replacing the seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuckHunter

Reaction score
My yukon front seat are pretty worn. The driver seat and armrest are the worst of course. The passenger side seat is not so bad i dont want to just cover them up. What would be easiest? just get them repaired or just buy some new seats my seats are heated and all electric aswell. Ive been looking online and find a few but when i email about them but people are unclear on what they look like and hardley ever send pics when i ask for them. Hate to spend $500 or more on something i wont be satisfied with. All the junk yards around my house have what used to be nice ineterior seats in some of their tahoes/yukons until the vechiles set out in the wheater for months. Just tired of looking at my seats honestly. Maybe someone out their has had thiers repaired our know a good place to get some seats. Thanks

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find a local upholsterer that can repair just the sections you want/need replaced. They can usually match them really well. And then clean the rest of the sections to blend in better.

OP
OP
DuckHunter

DuckHunter

Reaction score
How about just replacing the seat cover for a new one? I did that when my left bolster formed a tear.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

I looked into that aswell, but i'd like to get my armrest fixed aswell. If i ordered the cover for both seats how hard would the be to install? thanks

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
It's actually very easy. Just start by unhooking the back map pocket. Stay by sliding your fingers between the seat and the map pocket backing on either the top our bottom. You'll feel 2 tabs. Push those simultaneously to release the backing and remove it. From there it's very self explanatory. The hardest part will be dealing with the head rest, but that's not very hard. It doesn't take a rocket scientist. It's actually very easy.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to thread jack but can you get the covers from the dealer. and my drivers side lower cushion is sagging can it be fixed? to get that puffy look again?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not replace with Katzkin or similar company? Fairly inexpensive and could do the entire Yukon in a weekend and not lose any of your functions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattmoore939