Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you prob aint gonna like my idea.... but this is why i canceled the order for the 7gpm pump a while back.
they sell a 6 gallon fuel cell with the pump already set up, feed, return, vent. i think its right about 12x12x12, put behind axle (no spare tire)
it would need to have a bung welded on for the feed from stock tank
use the vent bung as the overflow back to the stock tank if there isnt some kind of a float built into it or just weld another bung.
delete the fuel fill door, i dont think just leaving it closed all the time would work for me.

18386.jpg

I do like that idea, having a ready to go sump tank with a built-in pump makes it easier rather than cobble together something. Intrigued to see how you mount it. I had considered just mounting it in the bed directly above the tank and building a small protective box around it.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you prob aint gonna like my idea.... but this is why i canceled the order for the 7gpm pump a while back.
they sell a 6 gallon fuel cell with the pump already set up, feed, return, vent. i think its right about 12x12x12, put behind axle (no spare tire)
it would need to have a bung welded on for the feed from stock tank
use the vent bung as the overflow back to the stock tank if there isnt some kind of a float built into it or just weld another bung.
delete the fuel fill door, i dont think just leaving it closed all the time would work for me.

18386.jpg

All this bung talk is getting me excited....

That tank seems like what you need. Its nice to be able to buy a complete package like that. Hopefully that takes care of the fueling issues.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea in a truck, for sure just throw the thing in the bed. i noticed they make this bracket for it but prob wouldnt work, but same concept just cage it in with angle iron mounted to the frame rail

18701.jpg

Yeah that would be a pretty simple mounting option. I was looking at these radium engineering surge tanks and like their simplicity of having everything as an all in one kit. I think their limit is 1,000hp though so that's not an option for you lol.

http://www.radiumauto.com/FST-R-Fuel-Surge-Tank-with-Integrated-FPR-P348.aspx

FSTR-FULL1.jpg

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i was looking for an actual surge tank all set up for the power i want, but most topped out right around there. which is pretty much where i run out with the pumps i have. would work better but not able me to go any faster.

i emailed aeromotive about using that tank above fuel cell as a surge tank and they didnt really have any concerns that it wouldnt work (aside from what i already planned).

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea i was looking for an actual surge tank all set up for the power i want, but most topped out right around there. which is pretty much where i run out with the pumps i have. would work better but not able me to go any faster.

i emailed aeromotive about using that tank above fuel cell as a surge tank and they didnt really have any concerns that it wouldnt work (aside from what i already planned).
Aeromotive are definitely people to talk to about that, pretty sure they know their shit. I would utilize their knowledge for sure. Nice to see the progress. Are you getting the itch to see what this all does?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
started finishing up ac hoses because the compressor is still tucked in stock location. dont want to have to try and work them with everything in. i ordered some pipe insulation for the suction side hoses. I was never really worried about the hoses near anything and damaging them but for the couple weeks i used the chiller before, after maybe an hour and a half the AC started not cooling very well so hoping this helps keep some heat out of the compressor. i found some realllll nice stuff but is kinda expensive :eek:

Tear-Resistant Silicone Foam Pipe Insulation
45295k56p01-@halfx_637092534007418612.png

• Temperature Range: -65° to 500° F
  • Heat Flow Rate: 0.39 Btu @ 75° F
  • Density: 45 lbs./cu. ft.
  • Color: Black
in the sizes i need, 7/8 was $83/6ft of it, and to cover the chiller line fittings (they condensate and drip a lot) 1-3/8 is $114/6ft. both were out of stock so i guess thats a good thing for now
i found some other stuff but temp is only rated to 240* so i grabbed it. its really only around a lot of heat like the last foot before it hits the compressor, so we'll see

also going to end up deleting the rear ac it looks like :(

after i get those hoses made up where i like them, turbo can go back in for the last time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms