Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it kinda worked out ok with the 45*, i cut it down a little bit but its still real close to the firewall and the bend is turned just a hair to keep it off the frame rail. if i cut it any shorter, it hits the frame sooner(cause frame rises there) and i get even less angle out of it. about 10* more degree of bend prob would have been ideal, but gotta work with what i got. thought about cutting a wedge out of it moving closer to the header , that would have let me turn it down even more - but that would get in the way of doing plugs/wires, and have an ugly weld right on top.

ive got another 45 and a couple feet of straight pipe, i cut the 45 down to right after the bend. gotta get it up the in air to see if i can get the exhaust turned under the truck. whatever funky ugly pie cuts i need to do will atleast be way down in that hole. prob not going to carry the 5" very far cause the 4" there now barely fit

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so it kinda worked out ok with the 45*, i cut it down a little bit but its still real close to the firewall and the bend is turned just a hair to keep it off the frame rail. if i cut it any shorter, it hits the frame sooner(cause frame rises there) and i get even less angle out of it. about 10* more degree of bend prob would have been ideal, but gotta work with what i got. thought about cutting a wedge out of it moving closer to the header , that would have let me turn it down even more - but that would get in the way of doing plugs/wires, and have an ugly weld right on top.

ive got another 45 and a couple feet of straight pipe, i cut the 45 down to right after the bend. gotta get it up the in air to see if i can get the exhaust turned under the truck. whatever funky ugly pie cuts i need to do will atleast be way down in that hole. prob not going to carry the 5" very far cause the 4" there now barely fit
Pie cuts ftw..!

deb49d22bf745cde033667d20e266c1e.jpg
d034f25c20295153ddf35000b8f68404.jpg

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
downpipe is done? sort of, welded a little tab not so much to support but to locate it. and welded the o2 bung in it. out of the engine bay and dumped at the moment, it hangs maybe an inch below the side steps - i'll need to cut it a little shorter but just wanted to see what i ended up with. so its still kinda angled down...im just going to holesaw a 4" into it and connect it back to the rest of my 4" exhaust, and QTP does make a 5" cutout i will hopefully be able to put on the straight down 5" piece..
uhh itll look like this pretty much:

5"> \\==== <4"

didnt weld bung into the headers for narrow bands yet.... i may just tune it off the wideband completely and ignore the stock o2s

and i need to cut down one of the studs on the shock mount cause its kinda close to the downpipe