Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soooo there is a little bit of clearancing that needs to be done *maybe* . in the pics above i threw the bolts i had in them, scribed around them and sharpie'd what needed to be flattened out. after mocking it all up and needing a washer to space it out - clearancing may not have needed to be done at all. the rough casting on the "outside" edge of the knuckle for sure needed to be smoothed out to even get the bottom bolt in. i ordered some deburring bits, but i ended up doing the first one with some flapper style roll sanders. the bottom mating surface of the knuckle prob doesnt need any clearancing

i dont think you can avoid spacing (washering) out the caliper, unless you turned down the rotor hat or something but then youd forever need custom rotors.

two things - i see everyone saying to use the stock caliper bolts, they are m14x2.0 40mm long...if you look in the above pics the bolts are still shy from coming out of the caliper threaded insert a few threads and needing a washer also will make it even more shy.
i orders some m14x2.0 45mm long 10.9 flange head bolts

1/2" washers are a very tight fit on it, and looks like you can use a washer with a 1.25od for max contact. the washers i had on hand mic out at about .100 of an inch and i could use just a hair more to be centered. so i found some that say they come .110-.140. you can buy some very specific ones but you end up spending like 35bux on 5 washers, i will just mic out the ones i get and pair up the closest ones.

Black-Phosphate Class 10.9 Steel Screw
Flanged Hex Head, M14 x 2.00mm, 45mm Long
98093A815

Black-Oxide 18-8 Stainless Steel Washer
Oversized, 1/2" Screw Size, 1.25" OD, 0.11"- 0.14" Thickness
90377A179
Thank you for sharing. When you get it all sorted out, spend tons of money/time getting there, would you be so kind to offer a bolt up kit for little to no money? I'll be your first customer :kiss1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F9thSkynet