Rattles in back hatch/vent after subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmcturbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about that little vent in the left rear that keeps making rattles on my truck?? Do you block it off or what? And also the hatch itself is rattling any fixes? I'm guessing dynamat? It's a 2003 yukon not barn doors.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay this is such an easy fix i cudnt believe it :D remove the vents and you will find a piece that has like six flaps that open with air..when the bass hits they flap around wich makes that annoying sound..get some duct tape and cover them up completely from both sides and that should fix it up..hope that helps

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay this is such an easy fix i cudnt believe it :D remove the vents and you will find a piece that has like six flaps that open with air..when the bass hits they flap around wich makes that annoying sound..get some duct tape and cover them up completely from both sides and that should fix it up..hope that helps

this. except i used sound deadner. only thing is you might create a little cabin pressure if you have your a/c on full blast as well as when you close your doors lol but its no big deal really.

OP
OP
G

Gmcturbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe I'll take it apart and dynamat it on each side, duct tape never lasts. I didn't think this thing would rattle like it does it is silent just driving without subs... Thanks for the help

Last edited:

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had it for over a year now with no problems..just clean the surfaces with alcohol and it should last

Ryan1126

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also thought that by closing them off it would mess with your A/C?

My fix was just make my system louder so i dont hear anything rattling. :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
G

Gmcturbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well the dynamat did the trick I took out both vent things and just dynamated both sides of the hole and did the hatch and latch and its quiet now. Now the front doors and headliner rattle...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968