rattling door ds front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I grab the back edge of the door when it's nearly shut, I can lift it on the hinges about 1/4 inch (well not straight up and down, but there's about that much play at the back edge). My understanding from another forum is that there are bushings that can be replaced. Does anybody have part # for those bushings? And should I replace that locking cap on the hinge pins, or is there anything else I should replace besides the bushings?

OP
OP
S

strad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright cool. I ordered up the kit that 1aauto sells. My father-in-law has probably done this type of thing a couple thousand times at least, so when he gets over here I'll have him guide me through it and help me. Or maybe I'll be helping him lol. Looks pretty simple.

DiddlyDo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently replaced the pins and bushing in my '99, but the rattling remained a problem-especially when I hit potholes or bumps in the road. I ended up replacing the weather stripping as well, and it made a world of difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES