Front Lower Control Arm Frustration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just back the nuts off the tie rod ends and ball joints some and hammer the knuckle sideways to break them loose. Those pickle forks suck IMHO. Do this BEFORE you loosen anything else on the control arms or it will be 10X harder with the slop in everything.

Also be prepared for the upper control arm bolts to be frozen into place.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Oh yea, verify the condition of your tie rod boots. They’re any easy replacement when it’s all apart.

DaveO9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OR VietVet - Thank you very much for your input. - It looks like the MOOG RK62088 is for the Police Package (PP) which my truck does not have. I don't see clear info on the TRW JTC1950. That is, is it left or right and is it PP or not. The Delphi TC5574 and TC5575 are PERFECT!!!
THANK YOU!

Pete - Thank you very much for your input too. I had read the thread about going aluminum but I don't really want to do the additional work and expense to change out my steering knuckles (remove and reinstall caliper brackets and move my bearing hubs over).

Thanks again guys. You've been great help to me.

Scott

For user testimony, I went with the Delphi's for all four arms when I did my front susp this spring. Several thousand miles afterward, I have no complaints. I did get some popping at full lock at first, but it went away after a few hundred miles. I think things just needed to settle in. The Delphi's appeared identical to the originals and quality looked great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369