RE: Transmission Fluid Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jason_999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am looking to do a transmission fluid change on my wives 2009 GMC Yukon SLT 4WD (note its not the XL). I believe its a 5.3L V8.
Anyway just wondering if anyone knows how much Fluid i need to do the Transmission. My friend is selling AMS Oil products, so i will buy for him and then take it to the dealer to do it. I just have not been able to get through to their service department yet.
She has around 55,000km on it, is their any other fluids related to the power train i should consider changing? Other than regular oil changes, i dont think anything else has been done.

thanks in advance,
jason

BCRacing24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Total system capacity is about 14qts, if the dealer is using the machine that "T's" in line for a total fluid exchange. If just doing a filter swap by dropping pan then 5-6qts will get it done.
Hope this helps.....

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jason_999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you very much!

jason

Total system capacity is about 14qts, if the dealer is using the machine that "T's" in line for a total fluid exchange. If just doing a filter swap by dropping pan then 5-6qts will get it done.
Hope this helps.....

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035