Rear speaker connection options - again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppvfan

Reaction score
I've done a lot of searching and can't find a solution to connect the rear speakers. My speakers are connected to the wires in the rear doors. The radio connectors have the correct color wires for the rear speakers. Somewhere in between there's a problem.

The only option I can see is to run new wires. It doesn't look that easy, but I'm out of ideas. Has anyone found a better way? Thanks.

PPV_2018

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You say the wires in the radio harness are the correct colors; have you confirmed that the wires or more specifically the pins that are supposed to be in the harness connectors are in tact and not broken or missing ?

Do you know for sure the rear speakers work and they are not broken or blown? I feel like an issue in between the radio and speaker harnesses would pretty much be the wire itself, which would be pretty unlikely, but even the smallest issue with a wire could cause some gremlins so it is possible. Also, have you checked the fuses?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does seem improbable that both rear speakers would not work as a result of a wiring issue, unless it is in a connector that has both rear speaker wires running through it.

Even though it is a PIA to remove the rear door inner walls/trim, just to check the speakers, it appears to be the next logical step approach for you. As @SACK_U recommended above, you should test the speakers themselves to ensure that they are in fact operational.

OP
OP
P

ppvfan

Reaction score
I installed new rear speakers a few months ago so they should be good.
The pins in the connector were there and in good shape.
I'll try that 9v battery test and see how it goes. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottMM