rear wiper on glass hatch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92TxBlazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the board and new to owning a 2-door 92 blazer. Figured this might be as good a place as any with the 2 door tahoe being the same vehicle.

What I wanted to ask is what holds the rear wiper in place? I bought this as a project truck and have the whole inside stripped out currently. Ive been looking for what attached the wiper to the glass. The motor and wiper work but they are just hanging there by the wiper shaft. What goes in that other hole on the right? Is it a bolt with some type of cap on it? I know it looks like a black cap but I dont know exactly what it is.

If someone could take a picture or point me to somewhere I could buy it let me know!

I went to a few junkyards with no luck.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
well you have the larger hole which is the wiper it self, then the smaller hole to the right is for a bolt with a cap on it like you said. You can grab it with a pair of vise grips, but its not that you don't have one anyways. haha You could probably order it through GM, but once you use vise grips, you mar it up pretty bad. you cant take that black cap off anyways..

OP
OP

92TxBlazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No I mean I have a hole in the glass. There is nothing there. The wiper motor is loose and kind of hanging there unsecured.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont have a hole in the glass, it was probably broken and replaced. specify what your question is

OP
OP

92TxBlazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought i was clear. I guess not. I have the hole. I dont have what goes in the hole. The bolt or cap or plug. I wanted to see if anyone knew the part number or had a bolt size I need to use to go in the hole.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh. If you want to plug it, you can use a piece of plastic. If you want to put the rear wiper back on, then yes you'd have to go to a GM dealership and find the part.

OP
OP

92TxBlazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GC92355.gif

This is the dealer part illustration. Looks like Im going to the dealer to put an eye on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrchoopa2u

Latest posts