Rear Wire Harness Underside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

42ezra

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just noticed a healthy wire harness and connector hanging near the exhaust tip. Why I haven't burned that up I don't know but what should I do about it? Probably runs everything in the back?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just noticed a healthy wire harness and connector hanging near the exhaust tip. Why I haven't burned that up I don't know but what should I do about it? Probably runs everything in the back?
most likely it is for the backup sensors and maybe part of the tow package, I would just zip tie it up securely up as high as you can get it

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, please provide your make/year/model/trim information for your truck.

balarneystone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem on my 2019 Tahoe LT. I was on a long highway trip and the connector was hanging about an inch from the output of exhaust pipe. The heat melted the connector pretty bad. So much so the plastic connector release is fused to the connector. No errors and everything still works. Part is a Rear Harness Junction Connector parts D33C40 and D33D40 for the male and female sides of the connector.
Dealer wants a fortune to fix it. My plan is to purchase the connector without wires and transfer the wires to the new connectors. The pin areas look like they are all okay still.
I need a little help figuring out the pin sizes or tool sizes I need to de-pin the connector wires if anyone has any insight to that.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Festerman