"reduced engine power" after viper 5701

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys,

i had my viper 5701 installed by best buy today... everything worked great untill i drove to the hospital to see my newborn....

reduced engine power on the DIC and i had a CEL...

2 codes ..i dont remember the number but they both pertained to the TPS sensor i believe the pedal and voltage was related in the message...

does this have to do with my HID and viper during 14' weather?

i cleared the codes and its all fine now?

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well your first mistake you made was letting best buy install it i hope you got a warranty,
i got mine viper installed at hifi buys and they gave me a lifetime warranty and we all know what happen to them and its all screwed up for example i got to open the drivers door just to roll up or down my windows. so much for a lifetime warranty

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldnt be because of the weather or the HIDs. Hopefully it was a one time thing and having it happen when the 5701 was installed was a coincidence

Snipez

Reaction score
Best Buy I'm sure has decent installers, but they are probably far and few between. If it happens again I would def get it checked out, maybe even a second opinion from a different shop. With the new modules it's easier to install these things, still not idiot proof of course.

OP
OP

2004tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i did get a lifetime warenty from the best buy where it was installed. the inster even showed my how to use the system and all of it features...wow....the refurb units dont come with manuals....he delivered customer service...and when i called him about the CEL ....he told me to bring it back by tommorow if the problem occurs again and he'd "LOOK AT IT" .....

I'M pleased with the installer....just hope the install was as good as their customer service!!!!

Snipez

Reaction score
Well here's hoping you don't have any more issues with it, it was probably nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou