remember your first day with her....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
yea it was pretty sweet ...i remember my anticipation waiting for her to get here every car or truck that drove by i was looking out the window ...finally for about the last hr i just sat in the window until i saw a truck coming with something on the back as it got closer i knew it was mine ....i remember just watching come off the back of the truck like wow i love that thing....then i sat in her for the first time thing this shit is big kinda had that hasnt been sat in for a while smell to it...then i did it the unthinkable i turned the key first thing i noticed was the trademark zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwhine from the fuel pump so of course i did a couple plateless runs with her and ever since ive been in love its like havinmg a truck and a muscle car at the same time ...WHATS YOUR STORY?:Handshake:

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my case it was love at first site when i layed down a patch of rubber during the test drive X-D and the fact that it felt similiar to my old K5 Jimmy.

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was 15 and It was raining like a mother ****** out. We wernt planning on buying a truck that day so just me and my dad went to look at some up in Fresno(Hour away from where I lived) Ended up looking at my truck and I told my dad I wanted it so pulled out a *** of cash and bought it on the spot. Didnt tell my mom since she wanted us to wait till I was 16. So anyways since it was just me and my dad I got to drive it home by my self while he was behind me. Felt like a G the whole hour drive home. Mom was PISSED when we got back. I guess my dad buying a truck without her knowing makes her mad :jester:

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine was love at first site too. i was looking to get rid of my 94 s10 blazer that i had recently finished some body work to for rust. my thought was might as well sell her now (since i know it wont last) and get the most money as i can instead of waiting out and letting her get more rust. (if you didnt know the 1st gen s-series trucks are cancerous with rust)

so then i started thinking ok what kind of truck do i want. ended up deciding i wanted a tahoe. i love my dad's suburban but i dont have the use for something that large so since the tahoe is just a shorter version i decided that was what i wanted.

looked on craigslist and the usual cars.com and autotrader.com. i wanted one in blue with the grey interior and couldnt spend much more over 2 grand plus what i would sell my blazer for ($1800). i was already thinking of plans of what to do to a tahoe once i got one. the typical lift it and put bigger tires on.

then in late sept early oct i was on craigslist and saw the post for the tahoe that's now mine. it was blue with grey interior, had 3" BL, and 33's. i was sold! but it had 200k mi.... that was the only part i wasnt too happy about. but for my price range most everything had 150k+ mi. i called the guy up the next morning and wanted to look at it on the weekend. it was opening duck hunting weekend and i had to stay home cuz of school (everything happens for a reason) so i went and looked at it. i rem sitting in the gas station parking lot waiting for the guy to show up. then i saw it turn the corner and into the gas station. i was in aw. test drove it and loved it with a few minor flaws. i told the guy i was interested but had to sell my blazer first. as he left i just stared and watched him drive off thinking wow that's going to be my truck. my dad came home from duck hunting and i told him about it. then shortly after a guy came along looked at my blazer and wanted to buy it. i told him he could have it but he'd have to wait a couple days till i finalized on another truck. so i took my dad with me to check out the tahoe once again and it was all good. and so i bought it and i remember driving off in it the first time. i was like wow this is awesome its like i'm driving a monster truck what a beast!

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Was looking for a 95 4DR for a while...ended up finding one on Autotrader on a Thursday...I left to Arizona on a Friday night for a weekend trip. Gave my brother 1K and had him check it out that Saturday. I was at Target when my brother called me and told me about it...had my brother leave the 1K as a deposit to hold the truck until next weekend. So I went the whole work week waiting for the weekend so I could go pick her up. Woke up early on Saturday and drove to pick her up. Got there, looked it over and gave the guy the rest of the money First drive was with my 5year old niece in the back seat.

Rebelution

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was in third grade there was a big lifted two door tahoe at the high school next to my elementary school. Ever since then I've always wanted one of my own. Anyway, last year, being the good big brother that I am, I gave my old honda civic to my sister because she moved to a different city and was broke and without a car. That's when I started my search for a new car. I only had about 3 grand in the bank so you can imagine the ****** cars I saw on that kind of budget. Then one day I stopped at a little used car lot that had about 15 trucks out front. I walked around back and behold, the love of my life. Not the two door tahoe I always wanted but a four door yukon was close enough for me. The guy wanted $3500 for it and it only had 126k on the clock. The four wheel drive and a bunch of electrical shit was screwed up so I was able to knock 700 bucks off that price. Almost every dollar I've made since I bought it has gone into gas, repairs and mods for it, but it's all worth it if ya ask me!

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over 4 years ago, my wife and I were driving home from church when we drove past a car lot. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the signature two holes in the bumper of what I thought was a Suburban. Being a diesel nut (and having owned a bunch of 6.2L-powered trucks) I instantly knew that the holes in the bumper meant that there should be a diesel under the hood. I whipped into the dealer's lot so fast my wife thought there was something wrong!

I soon realized I was looking at a 2-door Tahoe with the 6.5L turbo diesel!! I had not seen one in person before. I've seen lots of diesel Suburbans, but I still have yet to see another diesel Tahoe in person, just on the web. We came back the next day and bought it, and the rest is history.

Casey

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
i remember my first day lol

well i picked her up on the side of the road. and she asked what i wanted....

OH wait we are talking about our taHOE's lol

she came in on a truck fresh from north carolina. just had a new exhaust and rims put on before the sale.

IMG_2927.jpg

on the way off the truck she scraped the tips on the ground lol

and the next thing i remember was i was filling her up at the gas station.

IMG_2928.jpg

rican4lfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the mid nineties I went to a car show that sported the two door hoes and yukons and felt in love with them.... years (2004) went by and driving around one day with the wife saw a 2 door yukon sitting on a hill when I went to check it out was for sale test drove it love it left a deposit and pick it up a week later.... Currently is my daily driver still stock..... and loving it....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou