remote keys not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a 2007 gmc denali . My keys are not working. I have the 5 button remote. I have reprogramed the key twice but after 10 minutes the key stops working. Or if I remove the keys after driving, all functions work for 10 minutes, then nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
swoop,

I would encourage you to contact your local dealership to have the key reprogrammed.

Thank you,
Caron, GM Customer Service

I own a 2007 gmc denali . My keys are not working. I have the 5 button remote. I have reprogramed the key twice but after 10 minutes the key stops working. Or if I remove the keys after driving, all functions work for 10 minutes, then nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me. You have to go to the dealer for a reprogram. I think I paid around $150 :bawl:

OP
OP
S

swoop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How is the dealers reprogram different than the key relearn feature in my denali?

OP
OP
S

swoop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, its all stock. Keys will work after the relearn feature is used until about 10 minutes, then nothing.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Have you tried opening the remote to see if the battery is loose? If the retaining clip is kind of triton-shaped then it may need resoldering. These have a history of breaking loose on various GM cars.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is something only the dealer can do with a programmer. I tried the relearn, new fey fob, battery disconnect, ect. The computer needs to be refreshed or flashed or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo