Remote Start Smart-phone App?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta have a 2011 +

not true-- i have a 2010 denali and have the app and it works absolutely flawlessly. they made a patch for 2 or 3 vehicles in 2010-- the yukon, sierra and possibly the acadia.

my remote key fob start works from so ridiculously far away-- i hardly even think to use the app soemtimes unless my car has been outside for a long perdiod of time since she is housed in the garage and i dont drive that much.

defintely check it out-- i bought onstar after my year free trial and got the destinations package and 100 minutes that didnt expire asa bonus--- it was cheap and my xm radio year subscription was i think 78 plus some 15 dollar royalty fee or something-- im a fan b/c i live in a smaller city with crappy radios stations and the road trip potential is worth it for every channel!

Nuttzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not true-- i have a 2010 denali and have the app and it works absolutely flawlessly. they made a patch for 2 or 3 vehicles in 2010-- the yukon, sierra and possibly the acadia.

my remote key fob start works from so ridiculously far away-- i hardly even think to use the app soemtimes unless my car has been outside for a long perdiod of time since she is housed in the garage and i dont drive that much.

defintely check it out-- i bought onstar after my year free trial and got the destinations package and 100 minutes that didnt expire asa bonus--- it was cheap and my xm radio year subscription was i think 78 plus some 15 dollar royalty fee or something-- im a fan b/c i live in a smaller city with crappy radios stations and the road trip potential is worth it for every channel!

i agree with him great for being far away or inside a building where the remote won't reach.. you do have to have a active on star plan tho i think.. i used Viper Smart start before this.. was pretty much identical and same speed.. takes a min or 2 to process it but it works.. now the only thing i wish was if you could adjust the climate threw it that be AWESOME..

cc1999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the app and use it once in while, it's pretty slow reacting to commands, but I can see where it would be handy to have for a lot of fokes.

You can start it, unlock, lock, set off alarm, check our tire pressure, fuel level, oil life, etc. etc.

OP
OP
K

Kevinmach1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the 2011 Tahoe, so I think I'm good....

So this is only available through the onstar program, correct??

Thanks...Kevin

cc1999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe that is correct, that since it works through the onstar system that you have to subscribe to onstar service in order for it to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate