Removed the roof rack and mudflaps, now I am done until Spring.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading the thread about how to remove em, finally went outside and took em off. Very easy and imo looks much better and the damm mudflaps drove me nuts so that was an easy one.
Only had it 2 months and so far the basic mods(cai, servo mod, full RP fluids, tuning, complete tune up, seafoam-crank/fuel tank/intake, removed the moldings/badges, HID fogs/lows, low-8, hi-ALL, smoked drl's, belts, coolant flush, wheel bearing, axle shaft..lol)are completed. Spring/summer will bring on the drop, rims, exhaust, motor mods and system.:rocking:

IMG_0203.sized.jpg
IMG_0207.sized.jpg

Last edited:

Kat Killa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do to get rid of the roof nubs? PS you should have left the mud flaps on until spring. JK. I hate those things.

OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do to get rid of the roof nubs? PS you should have left the mud flaps on until spring. JK. I hate those things.

for now I just have the set screws in place but going to use door molding trim that was posted by someone else. For now, you dont notice it unless up close so I am fine with it. I thought about leaving the flaps on but its just more spots for salt and snow to accumulate in during the long ass winters here.

Looks good! Tail lights tinted?
yes, tinted and trimmed them out.

exitstance

Reaction score
I've had my tahoe about two months, not as many mods as you so far. some easy mods that I did I like are painted the front emblem and led interior swap.

Front emblem was only about $15 for paint and makes a big difference in the look of the front.

Led interior is a great easy mod. I just went by the "sticky" thread in the interior section. I went with "cool white". Just throwing those out, easy winter mods.

OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what color did you paint the emblem? I want to do that soon but havent seen any tips yet on how to do it.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for now I just have the set screws in place but going to use door molding trim that was posted by someone else. For now, you dont notice it unless up close so I am fine with it.

I'd be worried about water or anything else getting in....or did you use a gasket maker on the threads?

exitstance

Reaction score
what color did you paint the emblem? I want to do that soon but havent seen any tips yet on how to do it.

I found a how to on some other gm forum..I think.

It was easy. I used krylon fusion- semi gloss black and clear.

I painted a chevy bowtie, the "GMC" looks good painted also. The way I've seen them done is by removing it and taping of chrome and just paint the red.

What I did is remove the bowtie, sand it, 3-4 light coats black (10 min dry in between) and same with the clear.

Looks good and held up fine so far.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Truck looks real nice, I've been thinking of taking off my flaps, they collect a lot of gravel from my driveway, but I'd rather them catch the stones then have them hitting the body

GO STEELERS
Should be a good game.

starkman2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I live about an hour west of Nashville on the outs
My buddy owns a sign shop and I have had him cover some emblems in the past with vinyl. Looks nice and there are a ton of colors. Almost made a mistake with color and easily remedied it with a different vinyl. Can't imagine what a pain it would have been with paint. Any sign shop ought to be able to cover one for you. Just an idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcqkslvr