RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally understand, it’s their property and their rules. I wouldn’t be too ******* the employee and you probably handled it well. It’s always better to err on the side of kindness but your rig looks tight well kept. I cringe when I see stuff worse than that at my boat ramp but it’s not with my boat and truck.

Enjoy the summer boat season!
Oh totally…. Catch more flies with honey is how I try to run things haha.

I appreciate the compliments! I wish my paint was in better shape but I’m working on tackling that myself and soon haha. I like having a well kept older rig :chewie:

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July! Well those is here in the states at least haha. Sorry to y’all Canadians that the 4th of July is just another regular day…. :Big Laugh:

Anyways it’s been a very interesting week…. Lots to update on.

Got the water pump squared away before my nearly 650 mile road trip from Southern California up to Layton, Utah. Temps have been perfect and not a drop of leaked coolant so that’s been good. Worked a bunch at the beginning of the week. Tuesday was interesting. Worked a few hours and then headed home to finish packing for the road trip and then slew a few hours. Had planned to get on the road at 10pm and drive through the night. Well….. didn’t get to sleep at all since all the final prep took all my attention. Brewed lots of coffee, packed up, and hit the road 11pm Tuesday night. Was hoping to by pass holiday traffic and get nice cool temps to drive the truck. That sorta worked. It was moving well but a lot of traffic from Barstow out to Vegas overnight on the interstate. At 12:30am, so middle of the night going through Baker, CA on the I-15 it was 100 degrees! JEEZUZ!!! I was driving in pj sweat pants and a tank top and all of a sudden I was boiling hot and like the “what the heck why is everything so hot?!?!” Looked up at the ambient temp display in the mirror and saw the 100 degrees and thought “oh that’s why….” So kicked the AC on and it blew nice and cold and cooled the inside of the truck down. Good sign that the coolant was where it needed to be… lol.

No issues driving up, the sunrise over the Utah mountains once I got north of St. George was lovely. Rolled into Layton about 10am Wednesday morning. Cruised at 80 most of the way and still got decent fuel mileage. Not too shabby. Spent Wednesday helping my friends finish getting the house ready for their 4th party. Slept pretty damn good Wednesday night.

Attachments

• IMG_9968.jpeg
    IMG_9968.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9970.jpeg
    IMG_9970.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thursday the 4th was quite the fantastic day. Got to cross a bucket list item off and couldn’t be more excited about it. Been watching union Pacific railroad’s social media the last couple weeks as they’ve been sharing videos of their 4-8-8-4 big boy locomotive a ton, locomotive #4014. I absolutely LOVE trains. Been fascinated with them since I was a kid. They announced 4014 would be doing a short west coast tour with all kinds of stops for the public to see it in person. Thought “man I’ve always wanted to see one in operation!” My bro in law’s grandpa ran the railway museum down at the LA county fairgrounds in Pomona for a number of years and when I was a teenager we went several times. The museum has a big boy 4-8-8-4 locomotive and I’d gotten to climb up in it and see it all but of course it’s not operational.

So when I saw that the only California stop for 4014 would be way up in NorCal I was bummed. But then a couple posts mentioned that 4014 would be making stops in Wyoming and Utah this week…. I thought no way I’d get that lucky….. but sure enough the 2 Utah stops coincided with my trip up here for the 4th. As luck would have it, 4014 made a short stop in Morgan utah, which is just 25 minutes from my friends’ place, not too far past snowbasin resort where I’ve been every trip up so I knew a bit of the area! I saw the timing it was gonna be in Morgan on the 4th and said “okay guys I’m making a side adventure up to Morgan for probably an hour or two about mid day” it was worth every minute!!

The reason that 4014 stopped in Morgan was so the the conductor could step off the train and do a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Morgan train depot which officially reopened to the public as a historical site after being able to get it on the historical registry and renovations. It was absolutely awesome. Drove in and parked just north of the depot on the road where pretty much everyone was hanging out and stood about 50 feet from the track and we all got to watch him roll in from the north to the train depot. Made the stop, did the ribbon cutting ceremony, sat for about a half hour and then rolled out. I got to be a whole 10 feet away from the tracks basically on the end of the platform as he rolled out and I’ll tell you witnessing a steam locomotive that weighs in at 1.2 MILLION POUNDS……. Up close and personal was Magical!!! I was just as excited as all the little kids that were there to see it. Hahahahah. I’m just a little kid trapped in an adults body!!! It was an awesome event. I chatted with this friendly gal that even dressed the part, a super cute 1940s flapper style dress, vintage sunglasses, heels and even a parasol. It was all so festive!

Attachments

• IMG_9977.jpeg
    IMG_9977.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9980.jpeg
    IMG_9980.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9990.jpeg
    IMG_9990.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9994.jpeg
    IMG_9994.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know my videos aren’t the best quality but I couldn’t not take video…. The sound of this thing rolling in…… music to my ears lol.

And the roll out:

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rest of the 4the spent partying with the homies. Met a few more my friends’ friends and had a great day. Lots of laughter, sunshine, a couple adult bevvies here and there. Not too much though for me since I’m not a big drinker. lol. Inflatable water slide runs. Corn hole. Good food. And Bryce always has tons of fireworks to light off in neighborhood cul-de-sac. Epic fireworks show to finish off the night. We all slept well Thursday night.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    707.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0040.jpeg
    IMG_0040.jpeg
    608.1 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brought my detail gear with me and spent Friday giving Kate-Lynn’s new to her bronco sport and Bryce’s 2016 ram 3500 that used to belong to his mom, which is driven many times, the royal detail treatments. Bryce had a harbor freight foam cannon and I liked it so much I went and grabbed one. 35 bucks and works amazing haha. Foam cannons baths, top to bottom clay treatments, and then sealed up with a griot’s garage ceramic infused wax that I’ve been using all summer that works great and is rated to last one year. The rides shined up beautifully. I’m not gonna lie…. I quite enjoy getting to show off my detailing skills when I do their cars and they always appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0046.jpeg
    IMG_0046.jpeg
    341.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0092.jpeg
    IMG_0092.jpeg
    444 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0093.jpeg
    IMG_0093.jpeg
    526.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0097.jpeg
    IMG_0097.jpeg
    392 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today was a whirlwind day. Kate-Lynn and I took the pups on a short hike all of 10 minutes from the house at a neat little hiking trail/pond area in a little canyon area. Warm sunshine today was perfect for the 2 mile loop with the three dogs they have.

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    626.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0101.jpeg
    IMG_0101.jpeg
    736.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    546.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0105.jpeg
    IMG_0105.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came back to house and had lunch and then we rolled up to Hill Air Force base to their air museum cuz I’d read that they have an SR-71 on display. I’ve seen one in person many times as before I moved to big bear I lived in Moreno Valley 5 minutes from March Air Reserve base. Which is where the SoCal air show happens every year and it’s massive. Went for the first time in a long time last spring. Anyways March air reserve base has a museum with tons of cool aircraft including a blackbird and it’s always fascinated me. Somehow the Hill Air Force Base air museum came yesterday and I was like “oh I’ve been wanting to check it out cuz I read they have an SR-71” and Kate-Lynn was like well let’s go it’s a free museum. So we went after lunch. Great museum with lots interesting displays.

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpeg
    IMG_0106.jpeg
    545.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0108.jpeg
    IMG_0108.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0109.jpeg
    IMG_0109.jpeg
    406.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the blackbird of course….
One engine alone for this thing weighs in as much as my whole Denali does!!! D-A-M-N!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    298.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0168.jpeg
    IMG_0168.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0169.jpeg
    IMG_0169.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0171.jpeg
    IMG_0171.jpeg