Replacing my knock sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a 2005 so if I'm not mistaken I think that's a gen IV?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, It's the first time I'll ever be doing something like this I've been trying to learn on this vehicle, but is the valley cover gasket different from the intake manifold gasket? If so I did not know that and if you're recommending it I'll definitely add it to my list.

Sounds good about checking the cam sensor and oil pressure sender.

Thanks!
valley cover is under the intake, you will see it when you have intake off rectangle metal cover with like 10 bolts.
if you pressure wash the engine beforehand you may find water around the knock sensors, which is not a big deal just soak it up with some paper towels first before you remove the sensors and applying the silicone around the rubber covers when you put the new ones in is to prevent the water from getting in there.

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldn't even bother with the injectors or the crossrail, that dam crossrail o-ring is a special size and no one carries it but the dealer and last time I had to replace one it was $40 for the 1 piece
unless there leaking I wouldn't bother
just my opinion
Finally have the time to sit down and get the order together. So you're saying don't worry about the o-rings for the injectors, just take care of the knock sensors, harness, and replace the intake manifold gasket? Should I not worry about replacing the valley cover gasket as was mentioned by strutaeng? I've seen the video showing how to apply the RTV around the sensors so I'll be sure to do that. I attached a pic of what I have in the RockAuto cart and would like your advice on whether those parts look good to order.RockAuto.png

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Expires Oct. 18

Type it in to where it says, "how did you hear about us" and hit "enter" and you will see the parts price total change.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally have the time to sit down and get the order together. So you're saying don't worry about the o-rings for the injectors, just take care of the knock sensors, harness, and replace the intake manifold gasket? Should I not worry about replacing the valley cover gasket as was mentioned by strutaeng? I've seen the video showing how to apply the RTV around the sensors so I'll be sure to do that. I attached a pic of what I have in the RockAuto cart and would like your advice on whether those parts look good to order.View attachment 440374
Unless the valley cover is leaking or you are getting lean codes or something weird then the valley cover and injectors are fine, no need to even mess with them. Just make sure the valley bolts are all tight otherwise while you have the intake off no need to open a can of worms

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really wanted to something else extra replace the valve cover gaskets if they are leaking, that's more common than anything else, those I would use the fel pro also and they come with new grommets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallanblue