Resonator Delete Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggroc85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, love the forum. Been reading up alot about a resonator delete on my 07 Tahoe, can I just cut it off, without putting a tip on it? Just a straight cut, or so I need to put something on it, I don't really care about the look, other than I don't want to see that ugly thing from the back haha. And don't want to shell out $100.00 for the SLP tips if I dont have to. Thanks in advance

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can just cut it off. Only issues would be smoke/fumes

gibbygsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just parked letting it run with the exhaust dumping underneath the car isn't the best idea. I put the SLP on and get lots of compliments. Worth $100 for sure.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no it doesn't really matter... but I'd at least do a turn down and angle it a little to get it out form under the middle of my truck

itsDLF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldn't just cut the pipe before the resonator, you'll be dumping fumes into your cabin at every stop light.

I got the SLP and love it. Perfect throaty sound and great looking tip. If you're worried about the $, go to a muffler shop and they'll bend a replacement piece for you but that's going to be $40-$60 so why not pop for a great looking SLP delete?

yOGi420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is cut off in front of the rear axle with the magnaflow and a turn down. I costed only $150 when I recently had it redone. I get no exhaust smell In the cabin at a stop even for extended periods of time.
null_zpsb8e042fa.jpg

itsDLF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The libertarian in me says to rock on with your cut-off exhaust. The humanitarian in me says that carbon monoxide is odorless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide_poisoning

Mine is cut off in front of the rear axle with the magnaflow and a turn down. I costed only $150 when I recently had it redone. I get no exhaust smell In the cabin at a stop even for extended periods of time.
null_zpsb8e042fa.jpg

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I roll around in my 2dr with pipes cut around cabin never had a problem with fume and have an older truck. Y'all should be fine