Road trip! Decent MPG...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I know, and want to know is that our new vehicle's cruise can hold gear on almost any incline at speed without down shifting. What a difference from our last Tahoe.
Thrilled to death...

I'm not sure what MPG is.....And couldn't care less.

Last edited:

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I know, and want to know is our new vehicle's cruise can hold gear on almost any incline at speed without down shifting.
Thrilled to death...

I'm not sure what MPG is.....don't care either.
Hey George you will be surprise in a flat road like in south Carolina when the acc is on the car accelerate in 4 cylinders is crazy.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given your cruising speed, load and 6-speed your fuel use doesn't seem unusually bad. Do you use cruise control most of the time?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my favor tool, the "acc" is the best option to have in this car is very well done, it make my long driving easy and very comfortable. [emoji106] for GM . [emoji1]

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my favor tool, the "acc" is the best option to have in this car is very well done, it make my long driving easy and very comfortable. [emoji106] for GM . [emoji1]

I agree with you, I really like the ACC. I wish it could go to 0 like the Escalade does but other than that I don't have any serious complaints.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
c81edb56b962fc69e1a4faeb256c3044.jpg

Here is the trip from Tampa to Greenville, SC this past Friday. What should've been a 8.5 hour trip took 12.5 due to traffic. It was stop and go about all the way back. 85mph one minute and then 20mph the next. I got pretty good mileage all things considered. I was driving a 15 Yukon XL SLT with the 5.3L I rented from Enterprise.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey George you will be surprise in a flat road like in south Carolina when the acc is on the car accelerate in 4 cylinders is crazy.

Julian,
I'm just thrilled to not have to deal with that underpowered slug in my wife's old Tahoe. This thing is so light on its feet.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Julian,
I'm just thrilled to not have to deal with that underpowered slug in my wife's old Tahoe. This thing is so light on its feet.
I understand your frustration I was 2 months in a rental 3 different Tahoe, and 2 suburbans is not even funny it was frustrated to the point I can even drive them. [emoji53]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms