Road trip! Decent MPG...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are renting a tahoe on Friday to go from charleston to ft. Myers will let you guys know where we end up. It had better average over 20 or else we will be disappointed. Our '04 with 3.45s will do 17.5 hwy all day long at 78 mph.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

All I know, and want to know is that our new vehicle's cruise can hold gear on almost any incline at speed without down shifting. What a difference from our last Tahoe.
Thrilled to death...

I'm not sure what MPG is.....And couldn't care less.

That's the one thing I wanted to know about these trucks. Our '04s inability to hold 4th on even the slightest hill is beyond annoying. Sometimes it will even downshift to 2nd. And it's not a smooth downshift. It slams. The weird thing is our Srx with only 265 tq will hold 6 th gear on all but the largest climbs. Granted it weighs 1000 lbs less but the engine has no tq.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Canceled the rental tahoe this afternoon. Enterprise wanted $624 for the week. Gonna take the Srx down to Florida instead. Haha.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Canceled the rental tahoe this afternoon. Enterprise wanted $624 for the week. Gonna take the Srx down to Florida instead. Haha.
Try a Denali they have for rental too
Here in jersey they have like 11 for rent I was surprise when I see. [emoji1] [emoji237]

Last edited: