School me on Performance/Cold Air Intake Systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jenna you already shot my product down now you want to test it? I will talk to the owner about sending a kit out to you but being our number one seller and all the road mpg testing on my own tahoe it is going to be a tuff sale, thank you for the offer though. Offering a FULL refund on a product that a customer is testing in real world conditions is as good as 3rd party gets. My own results back when my truck was stock I saw a 2 mpg increase when going over 30 mph such as on the highway, around town I didnt notice much of anything, If you are just running around town I wouldnt buy it, if your hwy or towing you will see a gain, not much change on the dyno though

I never shot down the Volant, just pointed out the issues I had with the claims. I merely stated the differences in the open and closed elements, and posted the intake results we had from our dyno tests.

We never tested a Volant, but we would be willing to purchase one, and return it when done with testing. What is your refund policy?

simicarguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just acquired a gently used Yukon and am looking to make a few "adjustments" to it. Regarding CAI, I only see 2 mentioned in this thread and know there are a few more out there. Why just 2? does anyone have a different brand they are using? I want to make sure I look at all options and get my $ worth. Thanks in advance for any info. By the way, love the site, good info, nice rides and ideas. I'll be sharing mine soon.

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just acquired a gently used Yukon and am looking to make a few "adjustments" to it. Regarding CAI, I only see 2 mentioned in this thread and know there are a few more out there. Why just 2? does anyone have a different brand they are using? I want to make sure I look at all options and get my $ worth. Thanks in advance for any info. By the way, love the site, good info, nice rides and ideas. I'll be sharing mine soon.

most of them are prettymuch the same,

I personally like the Volant ones the best (but I refuse to spend that much money on an air filter/pipe)
i went with the Spectre because of the price (still a hundred dollars less than the K&N)

the differences in results from one brand to another are minimal,
just get the one you like (name, color, material, etc...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts