SD card and video in LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimim

Reaction score
Can I load a bunch of movies on an SD card for the kids to use on the rear screen? If so what file formats are supported?

MPEG4? ISO? doubt it? Quicktime? Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

jim

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Jim,

I understand that you are wondering what file formats are supported. The files should be saved as .wav or .wma. The mp4 file format may work as well.

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try converting the video you want to watch in Handbrake using .m4v file format and .h264 compression. Set line output to 480p

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I load a bunch of movies on an SD card for the kids to use on the rear screen? If so what file formats are supported?

MPEG4? ISO? doubt it? Quicktime? Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

jim

haven't tried SD card for movies.. just for music. I have put movies on USB Flash Drive and plugged in rear no problems watching. I used AVI files. I also have about 150 movies in HD AVI stored on a 320GB External WD Hard Drive I had as a spare. Works perfect.

OH.. to anyone who doesn't kno.. U can also stream from Roku (or any streamer) using the RCA plug-ins if U have a Wifi connection:

SHWA

Reaction score
Can you only use the rear USB? I would like to use a flash drive in the front ports but cant figure out settings.
WMV
Frame rate?
Output?
etc.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I am an idiot and did not realize a sub forum existed for electronics. I posted a similar question in the general discussion thread about what file formats were supported for the rear dvd - I wasn't sure if it was DVD only. Good to know you can watch other kinds of files.

A follow up question. I assume that with the factory DVD player and flip down screen all of this is controlled through the MyLink/Intellilink touch screen interface. How would that work with an after market system? If an after market DVD player is installed, would it still be controlled through the same interface? Is there a way to make that happen? Would I still be able to play/load those additional file formats?

I appreciate any insight. It's been 20+ years since I dabbled in any kind of mobile audio/video. :)

I'm looking at used/new LTs/SLTs at a specific price point and 99% of them are not going to be equipped with the rear DVD but I still want it!

photios

Reaction score
When I put an SD Card in that has several movies loaded onto it, the system defaults to playing the first movie on the card. How can I get a directory listing, and choose which movie I want? I have tried several things to no avail.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't found a way to do this, either. Same thing with the music songs on my phone via bluetooth. If I don't want to use the toggle/touch screen controls to go forward to next song or back, I have to use the phone. I can't actually bring up a menu.

If anyone knows, pls advise.

photios

Reaction score
Alright... I did figure it out... You have to have the RES screen open, and use the remote pointed at the back screen in order to get the menus to work.

cal37

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright... I did figure it out... You have to have the RES screen open, and use the remote pointed at the back screen in order to get the menus to work.

So you can view the list of movies using the remote in back? I'm having the same problem. It plays the first movie on USB or external drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CBrown