SD Card Reader

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krmullins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know the type of SD Card that is in the 2015 Tahoe? I would like to transfer my music from my computer to a memory card, but I have not found anything that describes the type of card that is in the vehicle.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

KRM

mikemal565

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Im playing my movie from the SD card (rear inputs)....about 3min into it....it cuts off and says no media detected.....WTF.....I turn off the truck...let it sit a few....turn it back on and it works fine for about 3min and cuts off again!!!!!

It wont recoginze a usb stick either and does the same thing...
any ideas????

OP
OP
K

krmullins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I received the Card you recommended today. I downloaded music from my computer, but my Tahoe does not recognize the Card.

I contacted Chevy online and they said the limit for the size is 32GB. What format did you use for the SC Card?

Thanks,

KRM

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think they know what they are talking about. I have the same card 128gb and mine plays fine with Blu-ray backups. Make sure to format the card to FAT32. The card comes as exFAT which the reader doesn't like.

OP
OP
K

krmullins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My only option for formatting is exFat or NTFS. I do not have the option for format as FAT32 with Windows 7.

I sent the card back today and will try a 32GB card instead. I only need 14GB for all of my music.

Thank you for the information and any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

KRM

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read in the manual the supported formats are FAT32 and NTFS. You might want to try NTFS and there are programs you can download to format to FAT32.

Scojo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 64GB card works fine and I have it fully loaded w/ music. It is a Fat32 format. I also have a 500GB solid state drive hooked up to my truck and it works fine as well. A little slow to load but once it does, it's fine.

OP
OP
K

krmullins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I struck out on the 32GB SD Card as well. The first song would start playing and then the stereo would "crash".

I orderd a 64GB Flash Drive as an alternative. I hope that third time is charm.

Thanks,

KRM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkeesy

Latest posts