Seafoam, bad MPG after use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what does that oil do to emissions? The 2 stroke engines I use for lawn /yard care smoke noticeably. I can't imagine using it in my car, but then again the ratio mix is alot thinner than my lawnmower.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after about 3 months now have any of you actually tried the 2stroke treatment and live to tell about it?

Me,

I thought about it for a month or so and decided to take the leap of faith. I did it for 3 tanks because according to the OP it said you would need to do it for at least 3 tanks of gas. I bought a 12oz bottle of 2 cycle TC-W3 rated at walmart and used the right ratio which turned out to be 4oz every time i filled up. I got 13.3 on the tank before I started the 2 cycle treatment. 1st tank with 2 cycle was 13.5, 2nd 14.2, 3rd 14.8. As you can see the tank #2 got just a little under mile better, tank #3 got 1.5 miles better. I didn't change my driving habits, and went further on a tank with this treatment.

I was looking for better MPG/smoother idle and not so much more throttle response and I am happy with the results. I am going to start using it again on my next tank when I buy more. You will see that the MPG stays constant and not get better with more use, after 3 tanks or so it will just keep things cleaner longer from what I've read.

I had to get it inspected shortly after my last tank with this treatment and it passed with no emmissions problems as a result from using it.

Results with most likely vary but I was pleased with it.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me,

I thought about it for a month or so and decided to take the leap of faith. I did it for 3 tanks because according to the OP it said you would need to do it for at least 3 tanks of gas. I bought a 12oz bottle of 2 cycle TC-W3 rated at walmart and used the right ratio which turned out to be 4oz every time i filled up. I got 13.3 on the tank before I started the 2 cycle treatment. 1st tank with 2 cycle was 13.5, 2nd 14.2, 3rd 14.8. As you can see the tank #2 got just a little under mile better, tank #3 got 1.5 miles better. I didn't change my driving habits, and went further on a tank with this treatment.

I was looking for better MPG/smoother idle and not so much more throttle response and I am happy with the results. I am going to start using it again on my next tank when I buy more. You will see that the MPG stays constant and not get better with more use, after 3 tanks or so it will just keep things cleaner longer from what I've read.

I had to get it inspected shortly after my last tank with this treatment and it passed with no emmissions problems as a result from using it.

Results with most likely vary but I was pleased with it.

good to know, well with me averaging 10mpg city / 16mpg hiway im sure it couldnt hurt so i think im going to give it a try

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still using it. I just changed the plugs on my Tahoe...first time since I bought it 10k ago and the plugs were super clean with zero buildup of any sort. Everything is the same...good mileage, quieter fuel pump, etc...

I'm very happy with it...

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds good to me, im a manager for west marine and have the pennzoil synthetic on my shelf, getting added to the tahoe at this weeks fill up

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seafoamed my hoe today. It's an 04 5.3L with 66k on it. I put half into the PCV hose, and the other half into about 4 gallons of gas. I drove it maybe 20 miles, put a full tank of 98 octane in, and now all the sudden my CPU is showing crap numbers like 8.5 mpg. At the worst, I've gotten 11.5 before the treatment. I noticed that the heads up CPU showed that only 0.1 gallons of gas had been consumed, and then no matter how far I drove the number would not go up. I have been getting 12.5-13.5 mpg with city driving lately, so I am a bit concerned.

I guess what I'm asking is, if it loosened up crap (very large smoke cloud, by the way) would it run rich at first and need to recalibrate? is there a sensor that could have gotten jacked?

thanks in advance.

BH

I have also used seafoam on almost all of my cars and used it when i first got my tahoe, but yea it loosened some crap up and i got an almost immediate p0420 code and had to replace the cat, my mileage went down to crap and i tried everything before biting the bullet on a new cat, but when i did the code was gone and it ran like new again. seafoams good stuff but im banking on this 2stroke oil now

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys using 2 stroke oil around to give a status update?

I'm still using it every tank, I stopped once for two tanks and I could tell the difference in it and dropped @1/2-1 mpg so I started using again. My plugs and everything else are still nice and clean so it's a relatively cheap benefit it seems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52