Seattle area Yukon help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a guy cross wires accidently causing it to run like shit but no CEL. When you redid the motor did you install new ignition parts?

OP
OP
G

gsxrcop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've seen a guy cross wires accidently causing it to run like shit but no CEL. When you redid the motor did you install new ignition parts?

I replaced the cap, rotor and plugs when I replaced the head gaskets. I put everything back on the new motor. I may need to check the plugs. Could they foul from the coolant?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Basically a snapshot of all live perimeters.

Do you have an sample of what this looks like?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I replaced the cap, rotor and plugs when I replaced the head gaskets. I put everything back on the new motor. I may need to check the plugs. Could they foul from the coolant?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Do you have an sample of what this looks like?

It is possible that is why I was asking if you have been burning coolant in your cylinders. The picture is a graphical example of a snap shot and will no way probably be what you have but you get the idea of the data at the same time. A video of that or even better running waveforms of O2 readings if possible would be great.
-laptop-consult-software-pre-obdii-nissans-gauges3.jpg

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've done this, back 2 cylinders were flipped iirc. Ran fine, no CEL, just sluggish.

OP
OP
G

gsxrcop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is possible that is why I was asking if you have been burning coolant in your cylinders. The picture is a graphical example of a snap shot and will no way probably be what you have but you get the idea of the data at the same time. A video of that or even better running waveforms of O2 readings if possible would be great.
-laptop-consult-software-pre-obdii-nissans-gauges3.jpg

That is very cool, but I have never seen something like this. My scanner is an older Snap on, and the readings don't look like that. I could post some running 02 readings if that would help and maybe some misfire readings/history.
I'm going to pull the plugs this weekend and see what they look like and possibly post a pic to show you if they look strange. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

I've done this, back 2 cylinders were flipped iirc. Ran fine, no CEL, just sluggish.

I'm not sure if the wires may be crossed, is the firing order for this 5.7 small block the same as the standard small block chevy? 18436572 I know the terminals come off the cap differently so maybe I switched a wire. Anyone have a pic of a cap with the cylinder numbers on it? Thank you.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You cap should already have the numbers on it. Below is a wire routing diagram and firing order from service manual.

Service and Repair

Spark Plug Wire Routing Right Side

Spark Plug Wire Routing Left Side

Ignition Firing Order
Specifications
icon_note_blank.gif
Notes

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Btw, what model of snap-on you got? You should be able to do all kinds of stuff with it I would think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968