Seems like 08 Tahoe leaking a lot of water when A/C on??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beelow

Reaction score
I got my Tahoe a month ago and it seems like a LOT of water leaks out when my AC is on. Is this normal? I haven't noticed any temp problems or anything but I'm just curious if other owners have noticed this as well? Let me know...

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Tahoe a month ago and it seems like a LOT of water leaks out when my AC is on. Is this normal? I haven't noticed any temp problems or anything but I'm just curious if other owners have noticed this as well? Let me know...

On days when the humidity is high, it will throw out more water. This is normal on humid days.

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
Oh ok...I'm in TX and it's been 90+ and humid everyday over the last month so I think your right. Thanks bro.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok...I'm in TX and it's been 90+ and humid everyday over the last month so I think your right. Thanks bro.

I noticed on my Excursion the other day that I could have hooked a water hose

to the AC dump and washed a car or two with what was coming out.
:insane:

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
Exactly! Lol I just knew I'd let all of my coolant leak out of something but all of the fluids look fine. Better safe than sorry though.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
yea on humid days you can see it pouring off the dryer/receiver People actually stopped me to tell me im leaking

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea on humid days you can see it pouring off the dryer/receiver People actually stopped me to tell me im leaking

:rofl: X2

I get this at the stop light...Do you know your leaking?
Me turning into a parking lot and checking it out, only to find the ac "leaking".

AUDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine seems to piss a bunch of water from the AC drain hose when i start up. is this normal?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AUDenali,

The air conditioning system removes moisture from the air, so a small amount of water might drip underneath the vehicle while idling or after turning off the engine. This is normal. As "Sheriff" posted, humidity may cause additional water.

If you are concerned about this issue, consider consulting with a technician for an official diagnosis.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian