"Service 4WD" - Master Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a post-it on my start button to remind myself to put it back into 2wd before i turn off!!!! This should have been fixed by now. I brought my truck in for maintence service last week and GMC said they have done 4 out of the 5 recalls for the 4wd issue. Just waiting for a part and will call me back when it gets there to finish. She also said that it not the final fix and they are working on it!!!! jeeezzlaweeeezzz

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I text my wife 3 times a day with bad weather.

Had mine in for service of a loose second row bucket seat and they said my vehicle is not included in any of the 4 4wd recalls.

Last edited:

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the engineer make the appointment for 02/12/2015 to take the car for a ride after that the will make a decision.<br />
Hope they replace the whole transfer case.<br />
[emoji19] [emoji19]<br/>

Reaction score
Hey, GM. Are you listening? Customers in this thread account for a fair amount of revenue for GM, driving about the most expensive vehicles you make. This thread has been open since August 2014. Embarrassing?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, GM. Are you listening? Customers in this thread account for a fair amount of revenue for GM, driving about the most expensive vehicles you make. This thread has been open since August 2014. Embarrassing?
We start with this by June 2014 and we have same problems.
[emoji19] [emoji19] [emoji19]

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'll go out on a limb and say that anyone with any relevancy at GM most likely has zero idea about this thread or this forum. so NO they are not listening LOL

Coltsneckbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck was taken in for service of the problem 2 weeks ago today. They told me they had a s/w update to fix it. The dash now displays a "4WD mode change" message when I switch. So far so good. I can use 2WD, Auto and 4WD with no problems. The 4WD does not make any unusual noise either. I have put about 500 miles on the vehicle since the service.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dash has always displayed a "4WD Mode Change" since day one 12,000 miles ago.

Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb and say that anyone with any relevancy at GM most likely has zero idea about this thread or this forum. so NO they are not listening LOL
I've seen GM posts on here in other forums, so I was hoping they might notice, but I'm sure you're right. I posted the link to this thread into a service survey that I just submitted. We'll see if that gets any reaction. Doubtful, but might as well try.

Narcorngr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Yukon stuck in 4WH

Parked my truck on some snow and ice today and left truck in Auto 4WD.. Came back and truck is apparently stuck in 4 Hi. The light on the switch shows Auto but truck is obviously in 4 Hi since turning radius is limited and bouncy..

Today is Friday, my truck was at GMC shop exactly one week ago last Friday and had two recall items addressed, one of which was the transfer case software update I believe.

I will be calling shop tomorrow to schedule appointment to correct ASAP...

BTW, calling for more snow this weekend. I don't feel comfortable driving under this condition. Can anyone advise if I Should I have any concerns?

Thanks

Don in New York

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968