Service Airbag Message on DIC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
Okay, so earlier tonight, me and a friend were playing on the mountain in my '07 LTZ. It's been raining, so we were playing in the mud. We were spinning sideways through some grass, we skidded across some rather intense ruts that I didn't originally see... As we slid through these ruts, all of this sudden "SERVICE AIRBAG" came across my DIC... I instantly flipped out, of course... But anyway, we headed down the mountain, and we stopped and I turned the truck off. I started the truck, and the message wasn't there. I drove for an hour after-word, and it didn't flash again. Should I be worried? What could have caused this? I didn't hit anything, to my knowledge...

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it does it again, just unhook the battery and let it reset for 30 seconds.

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score
This same thing in a similar situation happened to me about 3 days ago, too. And in West North Carolina, very close to East Tennessee. A friend and I were driving down the highway though, blasting a song for a few minutes. Going around a turn, the service air bag light came on, and of course I also started freaking out. Turned truck off, still there. Flashed my ECM and TCM tunes back to OEM with autocal, light went away. I took it to the dealership the same day, just to make sure. They say faulty wiring in either the seatbelt or the seat sensor. They say it may come and go, or never come back; Oh yeah, about 400$ to fix. I said no way, paid the unbelievable 50$ fee for checking and no problem since! (knock on wood)

jsmith14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, so earlier tonight, me and a friend were playing on the mountain in my '07 LTZ. It's been raining, so we were playing in the mud. We were spinning sideways through some grass, we skidded across some rather intense ruts that I didn't originally see... As we slid through these ruts, all of this sudden "SERVICE AIRBAG" came across my DIC... I instantly flipped out, of course... But anyway, we headed down the mountain, and we stopped and I turned the truck off. I started the truck, and the message wasn't there. I drove for an hour after-word, and it didn't flash again. Should I be worried? What could have caused this? I didn't hit anything, to my knowledge...

I had two GM vehicles flag that message on the dash- due to a low battery condition. Both vehicles had been sitting for extended periods of time. Not saying a module couldn't be bad,Go to a dealer and have this critical safety system diagnosed and repaired.

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am suffering through this right now. Every time I hit a bump hard DIC light flashes. Goes away for days then comes back....

@ R Sharpe....Did you make that video about the resonator delete on Youtube? If you did....Thanks it helped me decide to go with SLP too.

owner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, experienced this as well in rough terrain, but it went away after I disconnected the battery.. don't know what caused it.

zzzman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine was caused from a loose battery cable. I tightened the clamp and have never had another problem.

There is also a TSB on this problem. Bulletin No.: 08-09-41-010. The module connectors can develope a high resistance condition resulting in a DTC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius