Shift into park Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake707

Reaction score
So our 2017 Yukon 6.2 started acting up. While shutting the car off the check engine light came on and it has a message of “shift into park” the car is in park and runs and drives ok but the gear indicator doesn’t show in any gear on the dash and with this message the car never really turns off so I had to disconnect the battery.

There was also a message of “service stability track” and “forward collision system unavailable” not sure if all this is related or not but they all happened at the same time.

Any ideas what’s going on?

2015Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could be the shift cable or the range sensor on the transmission. Is it a one piece or two piece cable?

OP
OP
J

Jake707

Reaction score
No idea on the cable, I honestly thought everything was electronic and there wasn’t a physical cable anymore lol. It’s an 8 speed if that helps? It shifts in and out of gear and drives but doesn’t register that it’s in park and won’t turn the electronics all the way off.

Where is

2015Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the drivers side of the transmission with the cable attached. I've seen the range sensor get rusted up enough that it just can't be pushed over enough to register park.

OP
OP
J

Jake707

Reaction score
We left the battery disconnected over night, which cleared any codes, and have about 200 miles on it since with the issue not coming back. Not saying anything was fixed, nor that I know what could have caused this in the first place but for right now that error hasn't resurfaced

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this with the original battery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts