Side Molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mnbierman1980

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe and the side molding is fading and coming off and I cant find a place to buy new molding to replace it, if anyone knows where to get it please let me know. Thanks

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just remove it???

If that's not an option I'm assuming you've gone to the dealership. They've got stock these items as new as your vehicle is....

davidc21a

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you planning on upgrading the moulding with the chrome stips?

Negligence

Reaction score
What color is yours, i'd be willing to sell mine pretty cheap but I have to agree and just demold it unless u are going to the chrome, that I do still like.

OP
OP
M

mnbierman1980

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I want to put chrome molding but I thought you had to have the orignal black factory molding on so you can put the chrome on top of it. It seems all the sites I have been looking at say to put the chrome over the top of the factory. Do you know where to buy the actual chrome molding?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get the chrome molding from any dealership, GM Parts Direct or sometimes you can score it on eBay. You'll remove your stock molding and put the new OEM Esky molding back on.

davidc21a

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07burb so I can only purchase the chrome strip? I was told I had to buy all new mouldings because the chrome is built into the mouldings.....any info greatly appreciated.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do have to buy all new molding and that molding could come from a dealership, GM Parts direct or sometimes you'll find it on eBay.

You'll need to remove your stock molding as if you're demolding your vehicle. Make sure you mark somehow where it was before you take it off, though, so that you can put the new molding back on in the same place and doesn't look out of place when it's too high or too low. Once the old molding is off reapply your new molding. If adhesive doesn't come with your new molding get some 3M tape (and get the good stuff not the el cheapo stuff) and that should work fine.

Does that make sense?

davidc21a

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
got it....burb how does the escalade molding look on a tahoe? do you know of anybody that has them on their tahoe? i looked around and all i see is pics of the 09 + ltz chrome moldings...l

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkeesy

Latest posts