SLP Dual tips resonator delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnsoex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished first round of tuning after blower and header install and i freaked out when i heard this crazy whistling coming from the exhaust from 3500-6000 RPM. Turns out, the tips were the problem. FYI, dont use this kit if your are installing headers or a blower! Gonna try and see if SLP will take these back. Doubt it, but worth a try.

OP
OP
johnsoex

johnsoex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me see if I can get a full refund first. FYI, all I have are the tips. I cut and welded the pipe cause the kit comes with cheapo u bolts. I'll call SLP tomorrow and PM you one way or the other.

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanna sell it??

I'm going to be putting my SLP Resonator Delete kit up for sale in the for sale section within the next couple of days as soon as I can take a picture. BTW mine didn't come with cheapo U bolts but with torca clamps. The same clamps that came with the $800 Corsa exhaust I just installed.

OP
OP
johnsoex

johnsoex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There may have been torca clamps but pretty sure mine had u bolts. Either way, welding is better to prevent leaks.

How do you like the Corsa? Nice sound, no drone?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tips wouldn't. Deleting the resonator possibly could.

OP
OP
johnsoex

johnsoex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tips were definitely the source of the whistling and they were welded on. Sawzaw fixed that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius