Snapped Headlight housing clips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both from the same company. I only need driver side. Why are they nearly the same price when one of them is only driver side?

Attachments

• IMG_4347.png
    IMG_4347.png
    759.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4349.png
    IMG_4349.png
    869.2 KB · Views: 2

philmstar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had same issue when I tried to replace LED buld in my 2007 Yukon Denali. Previous owner had removed top two retaining 10mm on Headlight assy. But DID NOT loosen the thired 10mm located inside wheel arch. The broken Headlight bracket was STILL bolted in but detached (same on both sides!) Purchsed two new Headlamp assy's for $65 and fitted both correctly. This Youtube shows you how.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had same issue when I tried to replace LED buld in my 2007 Yukon Denali. Previous owner had removed top two retaining 10mm on Headlight assy. But DID NOT loosen the thired 10mm located inside wheel arch. The broken Headlight bracket was STILL bolted in but detached (same on both sides!) Purchsed two new Headlamp assy's for $65 and fitted both correctly. This Youtube shows you how.

Think taking the grill off part is a little more complicated on the Tahoes. I could
Be wrong. We tried to do it but it seems the grill part is connected to the whole bumper. One big piece.

tuckerrnr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have an air ratchet or access to one, it makes the bolt behind the fender much easier to remove/replace. I found that by not removing the bolt completely, just loosening it till the light assembly could come out made reassembly much easier.

The first three minutes of this video are pretty good at showing that bolt.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an air ratchet or access to one, it makes the bolt behind the fender much easier to remove/replace. I found that by not removing the bolt completely, just loosening it till the light assembly could come out made reassembly much easier.

I have that Milwaukee battery ratchet.

And ya I noticed you don’t have to take it off.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The first three minutes of this video are pretty good at showing that bolt.

And thankfully I still have the top two screws. It wobbles slightly but barely noticeable. Maybe like a quarter inch of play in the whole housing. Just that mounting piece on the third screw broke off the housing. Should be fine till after the 4th when I get the new
Housing

Shows my housing wobble^

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my fender liner is 2 screws and 3 plastic clips, pop them off, reach back and loosen the 10mm bolt and pull headlight.

I just pulled one out for easier access to other stuff. doesn't seem to hard, but if you broke the tab off, just epoxy it back on?