So, Has anyone swapped their VCIM for Factory Bluetooth Capabililty??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont use on star so i didnt have to nothing but plug and play, very simple mod.

mccullionj

Reaction score
In light of the difficulty in finding a VCIM has anyone tried the aftermarket providers such as Argos ? Just wondering if this is a viable option or if it has to be a VCIM? I'm not concerned about the Onstar since we don't subscribe but would definitely like the bluetooth capabilities

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In light of the difficulty in finding a VCIM has anyone tried the aftermarket providers such as Argos ? Just wondering if this is a viable option or if it has to be a VCIM? I'm not concerned about the Onstar since we don't subscribe but would definitely like the bluetooth capabilities

VCIM is very easy to find now.

atalakoub

Reaction score
how was the install? and do u have the iphone app now?

I haven't tried since I figured I needed onstar service for that.

I did try something new last night though. There is something called "voice pass through" which lets you use the voice control on the iphone over Bluetooth. It took 3 commands to get there (onstar>bluetooth>voice) but something cool to know in case my phone isn't within arm's reach.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i use the voice on my droid also...make sure you go through the voice recognition on your phone so it knows your voice better.

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I got my VCIM in today and installed it. Man, why do these things ALWAYs take longer then they should? Getting everything out was no problem, it was getting it back into those damn clips. The wires are also thick and stiff and it was a hell-fo-va time getting everything back in there. I just need to get the list of how to use everything. Also, I had to say Onstar, Bluetooth, pair.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you have to pair the phone the first time. And everytime after that you have to say Bluetooth then you can say voice and it uses the voice recognition from the cell phone.

So i would say
1 bluetooth
2 Voice
3 Call Cyndi mobile (Cyndi is an example so don't be calling my wife!):Handshake:

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Or you can also store up to so many numbers on the vcim and just say

Call Cyndi Mobile and it will do it all by itself.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Plush i have the Manual if you shoot me your email i can send it...im not sure how to host a file without signing up to something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty