"Soft" brake pedal when engine running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I didn’t read through the prev2 pages so I may have missed a detail.

Our 09 had a gummy, disintegrating vacuum booster hose that was collapsing in on itself. Looked ok from the outside just like the battery cables that rot out inside.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can tell you this. if the master drained at any time, you likely got air in the abs pump.
Yup and I will take it one further....if ANY line was opened up, he has air trapped at the solenoids in the ABS manifold if a thorough Bi directional scanner auto bleed wasnt performed. I had to replace a line from the manifold to the master cylinder and Ill tell you what I thought I was never going to get that thing bled out. It trapped so much air that I performed atleast 15-20 auto bleeds. All that air ended up coming out at the passenger rear caliper...of all places and once that air came out the pedal suddenly went from total crap to all of sudden firm as can be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369