Some sort of knocking...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aloha from Hawaii!!! I had just recently purchased a 2011 Tahoe LT from a local Chevy dealer and I am noticing a repetitive knocking sound when I start to accelerate. I only hear it at the low rpms accelerating or cruising while barely accelerating... It kinda sounds like a machine gun knocking sound... I do have warranty and I am going to call them but I want to know if any of you gearheads know anything about this? But at WOT or higher rpms I donʻt hear it...

Mahalo

Baba

:confused:

OP
OP
babamerino

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some sort of knocking sound...

Aloha from Hawaii!!! I had just recently purchased a 2011 Tahoe LT from a local Chevy dealer and I am noticing a repetitive knocking sound when I start to accelerate. I only hear it at the low rpms accelerating or cruising while barely accelerating... It kinda sounds like a machine gun knocking sound... I do have warranty and I am going to call them but I want to know if any of you gearheads know anything about this? But at WOT or higher rpms I donʻt hear it...

Mahalo

Baba

:confused:

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Maybe the truck is tuned and requires premium gas. Try to fill up with premium next time you run out and see if that solves the problem.

mike1944

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 Denali would clatter like a factory on start-up if it had been sitting for a few days. Dealer replaced all of the lifters under warranty.

Read somewhere the problem is with the synthetic oil - old design lets it drain out. No problems since.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday GM issued a recall about the tranny dipstick tube cracking and making a knocking sound. The fix is to replace it if bad and add a neoprene ring around the base to better insulate it.
Might want to take it to the dealer and have them check that out. Should be free.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Don't think 2011 had 6.2 option but my moms 6.2 has a little clunk while under light throttle on 87 octane

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO just bring it to the dealer since it is under warranty and have the issue logged. BTW are you using Tier 1 gas (Chevron, Phllips, etc.)? Any other mods?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
babamerino,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue. I would be happy to check my resources for any known issues. If you would like me to proceed, please PM me your VIN.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
babamerino

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update...

So on the next empty tank I put the 92 or highest octane and also put the all in one fuel system cleaner... INSTANT improvement on EVERYTHING!!! I forgot to mention that I was using the lowest octane... There is however a slight knock but barely noticeable... I only used half of the bottle of the fuel system cleaner (cause I only put in half tank at a time) so on the next empty tank I will put the rest of the bottle in... So I will continue to keep my ear to my engine and keep you all updated!!! Thank you all so much for your input!!!

As far as mods Iʻm bone stock!!! But I will be asking around for ideas!!! Its just hard since I'm all the way here in Hawaiʻi!!! Shipping (or the absence of to Hawaiʻi), or having other Hoe owners to talk to about stuff. But I basically want to do the norm... Intake, exhaust, all black everything, 24ʻs, Retrofit, LED everything, drop... u know... the NORM!!! :lol2:

Mahalo

Baba

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1