Spin Tech muffler!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeSchmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Made my decision on getting SpinTech 5000 Series for my 03 Z71.
Just a muffler to have welded on, but on the site they seem to have a lot of options with in/out and offset.

Would I run into any problems with a 3"in/3"out muffler to have welded on at a shop?

also...what offset? Am I looking at #2 or #3 on this http://www.spintechmufflers.com/images/uploads/MufflersConfigChart.pdf

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Crap, Aluminized Steel? or Stainless Steel for $95 more?

Thanks in advance

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" center / offset is what you need. OE is actually 2.75" but a muffler shop can adapt to the 3" muffler.

egrippe

Reaction score
I used the 3" center/center 3000xl plus aluminized steel one. It is a nice beefy, well built unit.

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what year your truck is, but many have dual outlet mufflers stock. A 3" C/O will work, but they will need to block one side of the y, or replace that section. I only point this out because I ran into this little surprise when I got under my truck to weld in a flowmaster 70. Had to run back to the store for a 3" 45 elbow.

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what year your truck is, but many have dual outlet mufflers stock. A 3" C/O will work, but they will need to block one side of the y, or replace that section. I only point this out because I ran into this little surprise when I got under my truck to weld in a flowmaster 70. Had to run back to the store for a 3" 45 elbow.

He listed it as an 03, per my exhaust diagrams it should be single / single.

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were mixed, I've seen a couple of both. Mine is an 04, and the shop I ordered mine from told me all 04's were singles! I think it was gm clearing out old stock.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Either way, was just trying to save someone from a potential issue.

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno, I sell exhaust and none of my diagrams show a dual. Manufacturers do some crazy stuff though.

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not dual exhaust so I'm clear. I'm talking a dual outlet muffler with a small y to a single pipe behind it. You can look under the truck and not even notice it, as I did. I'll try to shoot you a picture of it later.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not dual exhaust so I'm clear. I'm talking a dual outlet muffler with a small y to a single pipe behind it. You can look under the truck and not even notice it, as I did. I'll try to shoot you a picture of it later.

Mine had this as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3