Spindle Lift Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viv1d

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive currently got a leveling kit on my Tahoe, but I will be adding a spindle lift next week. If I get a 3 inch rear space will my truck sit pretty level? Also, will I have any problems fitting some 295/70r18 Trail Grapplers (I think they are about 34.5s)?

Front will have
~3 in spindle
+ ~ 2 Inch keys

Rear
~ 3 Inch spacer

Just wondering how my truck would sit.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for starters ont he TIREs you need to specify the wheel that is being used. Is it a stock rim or aftermarket. BECAUSE the offset of a wheel is more important than the width dn diameter. for example if you have a 35 on a -15 on a truck for example with no clearance issues at all, then that same truck you toss on a -75 wheel you will have maybe 1/4 turn of the wheel before you are ripping the fire wall out of the truck and the front bumper off. this is why the super wide wheels and crazy offset wheels run a smaller tire to compensate. the further out you go the greater the axel length becomes and decreases the clearance.

SO lets start with the Wheel.

i am assuming that you are a 2wd as you are stating that you are adding only a lift spindle. and if so you will probably be level dependent on the health of your rear springs. a worn rear spring can sag up to 4". after 190k miles and a lot of towing even with air bags i had to replace my rear springs simply because they were worn and starting to sag.

OP
OP
viv1d

viv1d

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah Im pretty sure Ill just replace to rear springs with z71s. Also the rims are 2014 stock z71 rims. (Hollander 5647)

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
That setup will clear and use 2" rear spacer with new z71 springs. Decrank keys to match desired height. Anything over 2" starts needing pan hard adjustment and stretches brake lines.

OP
OP
viv1d

viv1d

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My last question is will i need new rear sway bars or will mine be fine with the z71 springs+2 in spacer?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
No need for new bars just longer links. The rears are from a 3" jeep but can't recall exact name. On this forum section though. For front nobody has found longer ones yet. I suggest either making some from all thread or go to local auto parts store and search same boot size but longer lengths to fit.

bluex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What lift spindles is everyone using? I'm looking at the rough country ones for my 02 suburban. I'm seeing conflicting info on if they will work or not?

bluex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That setup will clear and use 2" rear spacer with new z71 springs. Decrank keys to match desired height. Anything over 2" starts needing pan hard adjustment and stretches brake lines.
I've been searching for information on my question above. Will the rough country spindles work on a 2wd suburban? I'm finding info from RC saying they wont?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayRay86