Stabilitrak/TCS/Flickering Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjlaw73

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of threads separately on these issues but wondered if there might be any inter-relationship. Noticed a couple of weeks ago that all my lights flicker. Was going to check the battery and alternator grounds over the weekend and then most likely get the alternator replaced. My Tahoe has about 130k miles. Today the Service Stabilitrak and Service TCS messages came on. Read that this could be from several issues and thought I read that it could be power (battery/alternator) -related. Guess I was thinking I should tackle the flickering light issue first and see if that rectifies the Stabilitrak/TCS issue?

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your door locks, lock and unlock? Did everything shut down?

I had this issues about a year ago with my 2011 Tahoe.

Lights flickered, locks locked and unlocked couple times and my vehicle lost power.

I cleaned the battery terminals and added another ground and everything has been good since

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Did your door locks, lock and unlock? Did everything shut down?

I had this issues about a year ago with my 2011 Tahoe.

Lights flickered, locks locked and unlocked couple times and my vehicle lost power.

I cleaned the battery terminals and added another ground and everything has been good since

No, thankfully it didn't get that serious. Really outside of the flickering and the occasional Stalilitrak/TCS warning, truck is running fine - always starts - no loss of power. I'll definitely look at the grounds. I have a C5 Vette and they are known for their electrical quirks as well - I've had to inspect the grounds on that as well. I need to poke around the alternator and battery grounds on the Tahoe this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion!

mike1944

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a Vette with the same symptoms. Acted like it was demon possessed. Was the battery terminals. The slightest drop/variation in current can cause your computer(s) to misfire and strange ghostly things to start happening.

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought an 07 with the service suspension message. It's because the previous owner replaced the driver side strut with a cheap non magnetic one and tack welded the sensor plug to the top of the shock. Anyways I got a resistor and wired it up to the plug for it and now the message is gone!

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Had a Vette with the same symptoms. Acted like it was demon possessed. Was the battery terminals. The slightest drop/variation in current can cause your computer(s) to misfire and strange ghostly things to start happening.

Yeah they have quirky electricals. My last one had the common leaky battery apparently replaced before I bought it. It had leaked on the electrical harness and when it rained my engine would misfire and go into limp mode.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Bought an 07 with the service suspension message. It's because the previous owner replaced the driver side strut with a cheap non magnetic one and tack welded the sensor plug to the top of the shock. Anyways I got a resistor and wired it up to the plug for it and now the message is gone!

Oh man, what a PIA. Glad you sorted it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO

Latest posts