Stalling while driving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update;
Test 1- fuel pressure:
With new Guage hooked up, key on, it reads 54 psi, but then it slowly (30-60secs) drops down to 38 and lower. Chilton says it should be between 55 & 62. The tps made a loud click before the pressure started to drop.
Started the engine and the fuel pressure jumped to 55 and held at idle but the needle vibrated the whole time. It was just the engine running I'm sure.
Chilton says if the pressure is low, it's indicative of clogged fuel lines, fuel filter or a faulty pressure regulator, both of which are part of the fuel pump assembly, in the FULL gas tank. I was guessing the regulator or filter when it was stalling out, especially since it started right up again.
Just for grins I'll test the tps. That's what a buddy says it is.
That TPS isnt causing you to have low fuel pressure. Your faulty fuel pump is. "38psi and lower" as you stated aint gonna cut it for a 5.3/6.0....Unless you have a fuel filter on the frame rail drivers side then it could be that. It takes an ungodly amount of debris to plug up the sock at the fuel pump. The old sugar in the tank method sure will do it but natural debris acquired by gas stations likely are never the cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daddy3513