steel vs aluminum leveling kits...which is better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amighjm6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i've been looking at options for leveling my tahoe, and have read a few good comments about the front and rear combo kits from ebay...but which style is better for the front...the steel cut tube style, or the solid aluminum block type?
thanks in advance

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rather NOOB question...

Do these leveling kits work with the autoride setup on my denali? And if so, how would the stock size tire/wheel combo of 275 55 20 look on the leveling setup??

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
I have a rather NOOB question...

Do these leveling kits work with the autoride setup on my denali? And if so, how would the stock size tire/wheel combo of 275 55 20 look on the leveling setup??

Yes it will work with autoride. No adjustment needed. It will look good with stock tires but better with beefier.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

i've been looking at options for leveling my tahoe, and have read a few good comments about the front and rear combo kits from ebay...but which style is better for the front...the steel cut tube style, or the solid aluminum block type?
thanks in advance

You won't have a problem with either.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steel and aluminum spacers will be the same to install.

Depending on how much lift you have in the rear, there may be an issue with the autoride guide rods. This is my opinion based on the issues from others dropping the rear. Attached is a picture of the sensor rod. For the drop, the rod was shortened and re-threaded. I would assume, for a lift a longer rod would be needed. Hopefully those that lifted the LTZ model will chime in.

Attachments

• autoride sensor shortened.jpg
    autoride sensor shortened.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
Steel and aluminum spacers will be the same to install.

Depending on how much lift you have in the rear, there may be an issue with the autoride guide rods. This is my opinion based on the issues from others dropping the rear. Attached is a picture of the sensor rod. For the drop, the rod was shortened and re-threaded. I would assume, for a lift a longer rod would be needed. Hopefully those that lifted the LTZ model will chime in.

I had my 07 Escalade lifted and it did not need auto ride adjustment at all. I even called Truxx to ask them if it was needed. I spoke to another guy that had 3" lift on his 08 Caddy and he did not need to adjust autoride either. LTZ is the same