steering stabilizers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
thanks JK Few questions for you if you don't mind

1. Did you have to drill any bolts to the chassis ?

2. Where does the end of that shock bolt hook up to ( the one on the right with the bracket on)

3. When you bought the kit did it come with any instructions on how to hook it up ?

sorry for all this confusion but this is something new to me

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks JK Few questions for you if you don't mind

1. Did you have to drill any bolts to the chassis ?

2. Where does the end of that shock bolt hook up to ( the one on the right with the bracket on)

3. When you bought the kit did it come with any instructions on how to hook it up ?

sorry for all this confusion but this is something new to me

iirc I had to drill a hole for the bracket that mounts to the frame. The other end of the dampener uses u-bolts to attach to the centerlink. The kit includes installation instructions and is pretty much a straight forward install.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you order it from the link in this thread? you should do a write up =)

BigFella

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i sure did, came out to $54.41 i'll take plenty of pictures trust me.:Handshake:
What you talking bout Willis? $54.41 shipped? This is definitely something I need ASAP! I just put 22's on and also had a 4wheel alignment and couldn't believe how loose the steering feels now. Average highway speeds here is around 75mph. I'm riding around like grandma scared to hit a bump in the road. Mind posting that link?

OP
OP
ryangt

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
The point is to be able to control HEAVIER wheel and tire combos. The stock suspension will wobble with the addition of an extra 20lbs of rotational force in the front end.
The extra weight on my rig is from the tires themselves, they are 285/75 series and weigh a lot more than stock. My need for a stabilizer is to keep the truck predictable as these large tires like to grab ruts and rocks offroad and yank you out of a straight line, its dangerous.
IF you have a wheel shimmy or shake in the front end on a lowered truck, you have worn steering components or a shoddy lowering job, i agree that for those situations, its a bandaid and might actually be hurting that crossmember that it is attached to. You might want to look at actually fixing the root problem.

Thank you for that link, thats about the best price for a kyb kit that i have seen so i beleive thats the one ill get.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
What you talking bout Willis? $54.41 shipped? This is definitely something I need ASAP! I just put 22's on and also had a 4wheel alignment and couldn't believe how loose the steering feels now. Average highway speeds here is around 75mph. I'm riding around like grandma scared to hit a bump in the road. Mind posting that link?

Here you go my friend total shipped to my door was $54.41

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?catalog=63&partnum=SS15326&a=FR63-SS15326

06 - did you do this yet?

I haven't had time to do this but i should get everything done hopefully this saturday (Steering Stabilizers,Helper Bags and rear DJM back Bump stops)

I'll keep you guys updated.

IF you have a wheel shimmy or shake in the front end on a lowered truck, you have worn steering components or a shoddy lowering job, i agree that for those situations, its a bandaid and might actually be hurting that crossmember that it is attached to. You might want to look at actually fixing the root problem.

My truck doesn't shimmy or wobble or shake , I'm just looking for something much smoother to make the road more comfortable for me. Having 24's with 305/35/24 You kinda suffer ride quality

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwaynedoublin1

Latest posts