Steering System Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just came out today, so it appears that if you are one of the lucky 477 then you will have a notice in the mail this week...

RECALL #5: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, 2014 GMC Sierra, 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe

These 477 vehicles suffer from a problem with steering system. According to GM, "The tie rod threaded attachment to the steering gear rack in these vehicles may not be tightened to specification. With this condition, the tie rod can separate from the steering rack and a crash could occur without prior warning."

Please note: GM says that owners should NOT drive any of the affected vehicles until they've been inspected by a dealer and repaired. (If you own one of the affected vehicles, you should receive word today: GM sent notices yesterday via overnight mail.) The vehicles shouldn't even be driven to dealerships; instead, owners should call GM and arrange to have their vehicles towed in for service.

GM explains that the number of of vehicles is small because the defect was discovered early in the assembly process. The repair involves inspection of the inner tie rods to ensure proper torque. If necessary, GM says that the steering gear will be completely replaced.

*NOTE: This information came from this article...
https://autos.yahoo.com/news/huge-gm-recall-chevrolet-corvette-141857653.html

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed this as well this morning. Assume inner tie rod to rack issue. Sounds serious.

samvons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't received any recall notices on my 15 Tahoe yet, this is the second one, plus the issue with the tailgate, which I don't think has been recalled yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo