steering wheel clips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
hey new tahoe owner here! i picked up a sweet 2008 ltz and i am just starting to do a bunch of work to it. one of the first things on my list was the ugly steering wheel problem, i have heard that the rubber coating that starts peeling is a common problem. i got some goo gone and spent an afternoon removing all i could to the black plastic underneath and still wasnt satisfied. my mom has a 2013 suburban and her trim pieces are the metallic, so i went ahead and ordered some of those, they look so much better and match the ac vents. does anyone know if this is a tough job to swap out??? im pretty handy with tools and stuff but i dont know if this is a tough job that i would have to take it in to have someone do it.

ps i did spend about 35 min searching the forums adn couldnt find a thread on it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nikki'sHoe08

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
Thanks! I disconnected my battery followed the instructions and actually everything looked pretty straight forward once I got in there, the metallic pieces look so much better then those crappy peeling black ones!

Damien1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks! I disconnected my battery followed the instructions and actually everything looked pretty straight forward once I got in there, the metallic pieces look so much better then those crappy peeling black ones!

Pics! I'm debating weather to stick with the stock ebony one or go with the silver ones.

OP
OP
Nikki'sHoe08

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
Before
attachment.php

After
attachment.php

So much nicer!! Although I can't get it to display right side up but you get the idea

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks 8 million times better. I did this mod on my 08 tahoe and now i'm back with the black ones on my avalanche... might have to buy another set! Do you happen to have the part numbers handy?

OP
OP
Nikki'sHoe08

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm so happy with the way it came out! I got mine off eBay so I can't be 100% sure of the part numbers but this is what numbers came with mine
25824698 for left hand side
25824700 for right hand side

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! What'd you search for on eBay to get em? Was it cheaper then gmpartsdirect.com ?

OP
OP
Nikki'sHoe08

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
On gm parts they were 41 something for each side, under the steering column category, I paid less on eBay because mine were probably off a wreck selling for parts but mine look brand new. I searched for Tahoe steering wheel trim or clips, but I saw some on eBay selling for way more then gm parts direct

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968