Stereo question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04silverL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking at upgrading my stock stereo to a pioneer avic-x920bt. What all is needed to hook it up besides below?
PAC SWI-PS for the steering wheel controls. For my OnStar interface Metra GMOS-LAN-02
Also I was at a CarToys in Houston and they told me my XM radio would not work with the new headunit. Anyone know if this is true?
Any other suggestions on headunits and parts needed I appreciate the help
Simon

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Judging by your username you might be asking in the wrong section. What is your truck's year model?

OP
OP

04silverL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2009 Tahoe. My other vehicle is a 2004 Ford Lightning

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Im also looking at adding a sub to where the stock jack is. Anyone recommedn any good stereo shops in south alabama/pensacola, florida area?

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does that radio fit ????? i am trying to decide between the avic x920 and z2........

taho26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does that radio fit ????? i am trying to decide between the avic x920 and z2........

dude go get the JVC kw-nt1..its a double din dvd with navigation...you can plug in flash drive and sd cards...its a bad mother ****** too...tells me when im speeding lol...look it up and ill get you a price shipped.

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude go get the JVC kw-nt1..its a double din dvd with navigation...you can plug in flash drive and sd cards...its a bad mother ****** too...tells me when im speeding lol...look it up and ill get you a price shipped.

PM your price w/steering wheel control (& full OEM integration)

taho26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM your price w/steering wheel control (& full OEM integration)

getting price put together now but fyi its gonna be close to $1000...well worth it though. didnt know if you had a price you were trying to stay around

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

i just looked up the radio ur wanting and they are one in the same...how much were you going to be able to get it for?

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no specific price range. Quick search and it pulls up at $569 through Sonic via ebay, this includes shipping and install hardware (-8% via BING =$525). Add a 75 for PAC & iPod. That would come in ~$600

Your price is ~1k :confused:

taho26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no specific price range. Quick search and it pulls up at $569 through Sonic via ebay, this includes shipping and install hardware (-8% via BING =$525). Add a 75 for PAC & iPod. That would come in ~$600

Your price is ~1k :confused:

i searched for urs and saw they were all around $1k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut