Stereo question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snomon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes the factory XM will not work with aftermarket head unit. Per your initial post, you will have to get aftermarket XM.

OP
OP

04silverL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres what I have decided to go with. Let me know if I have everything covered, or I need any other harnesses.

Pioneer AVIC-X920BT
Pioneer CD-IU230V - ipod interface
Pioneer GEX-P920XM - XM tuner
PAC SWI-PS - steering wheel interface
Axxess GMOS-LAN-02
and the Metra 95-3305 Double DIN dash kit or the Scosche GM1598B / GM1598

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll need something to interface with your speakers (if they're Bose). If you're pulling all this out, just do it all at once and make it easy on yourself. Speakers, amps, sub, headunit, etc. Just go all at once and it'll save you in the future

stayedge

Reaction score
dude go get the JVC kw-nt1..its a double din dvd with navigation...you can plug in flash drive and sd cards...its a bad mother ****** too...tells me when im speeding lol...look it up and ill get you a price shipped.

honestly that dash is a beast until my cousin took his escalade to Dallas and came out of a restaurant with a full belly and an empty parking lot found the truck 3 days later nothing left in it and then a few months later found out they put steering fluid in the breaks master cylinder.

OP
OP

04silverL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I am going to order everything today. Im just gonna call Crutchfield today and ask them a few questions, need to get the harness to connect pioneer to stock harness

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I am going to order everything today. Im just gonna call Crutchfield today and ask them a few questions, need to get the harness to connect pioneer to stock harness

To make life easy on your install which harness did you buy? I hate splicing all day if I can plug-n-play!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby

Latest posts