Strike??? Thoughts, insights, predictions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
tjs3922

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the automakers offer is as good as its gonna get. Old school union logic was the last offer before a strike deadline is the one to grab. But, it takes to too tango as the say.

Strikes get old after about 2 weeks for all sides. My uncle was on strike for months from a paper mill years ago. He was never the same after that. They ruined their credit staying afloat.

For everyones sake I hope they find a happy middle ground for both sides.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the uaw president is the issue, I’m sure he’s trying to get his pockets filled too and is getting greedy. He’s made enough of a spectacle of himself by his videos throwing proposals in the garbag
I’m sure he’s trying to get his pockets filled too and is getting greedy
How does president of union do that explain?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UAW workers at the GM plant in Wentzville went on strike here yesterday.

They're demanding 40% raise, 32hr work week, cost of living adjustment, and enhanced profit sharing.

GM offered 20% raise and other benefits
Thats the plant I worked at... and the union steward is about worthless. I imagine they have been replaced since then.

What makes it worse is that entire plant is falling down around their ears. But the union wants so much that GM "says" they cant afford to rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate