strutaeng's 04 2500 4x4 project Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not much progress. I did get the carpet in. I painted the rear plastic panels because they are all scuffed up. This Duplicolor spray bomb is actually pretty good color match.

I ordered some 2k sealer from Amazon. I went to Summit Racing over the weekend and of course, they are out of the medium temperature activator. I was going to buy some black single stage black for the roof rack, but just decided to skip the Summit stuff altogether. I'm just going to get any generic black base and shoot it with the 2k clear when I do the roof. Hopefully this weekend.
How'd you prep the plastics before painting them?

OP
OP
strutaeng

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How'd you prep the plastics before painting them?
I cleaned it with soapy water, then scuff sanded with 220# and removed the dust. I have painted a few of the plastics on my 06 Suburban daily driver by using this method and it seems to be holding up nicely.

The instructions do mention an optional adhesion promoter, but I haven't used it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I cleaned it with soapy water, then scuff sanded with 220# and removed the dust. I have painted a few of the plastics on my 06 Suburban daily driver by using this method and it seems to be holding up nicely.

The instructions do mention an optional adhesion promoter, but I haven't used it.
That's what I was curious about--a plastic adhesion promoter. Some people say you need it for the spray to adhere--and last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mariob4748