supplier pricing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlcvt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any more room when a dealer gives you supplier pricing? I qualified for the college program (went back to school) so now I have the suppliers price available to me. So my question is will the dealer sell below the suppliers price or take anything additional off? I’m looking at a 09’ Z71 loaded. The deals out there are not as good as I expected and no one can find the exact vehicle I want :( .

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work for an OEM supplier, and I found some cheaper than our 'employee cost'....so you just really need to search around. Some get supplier pricing, but you can go in and argue and get a bigger discount, without it sometimes.

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
Keep in mind that if you use the "S plan" pricing, you cannot use any GM Card savings. The diffeence between the invoice and s plan price is not very much; perhaps $250-$300.

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
GM Supplier pricing is just a few hunded dollars over invoice. there is a little more wiggle room, but you are better off waiting for a big rebate or 0% if financing.

GMS (GM employee pricing) is like 3% under invoice.

TECHNICALLY, if you qualify for either, and you then try to negotiate more off, the GM Dealer is supposed to revoke your eligibility for the discount all together.

DFWTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if you use the "S plan" pricing, you cannot use any GM Card savings. The diffeence between the invoice and s plan price is not very much; perhaps $250-$300.

Hi,

Where did you get $250-$300 from? GM Supplier discount is several k's, the reason I know this, is I have a supplier code that I bought several GMC cars with. For our fleet we received 3k off on our Yukon XL. Basically you have to have a supplier code (ID number) its not something you just ask for, then they take that code and look up your discount rate.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Forgot to add my wife received 2k off her SAAB with that code.

Last edited:

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
Where did you get $250-$300 from? GM Supplier discount is several k's, the reason I know this, is I have a supplier code that I bought several GMC cars with. For our fleet we received 3k off on our Yukon XL.......

Where? My cousin owns a GM dealership, and my company is a GM supplier. The difference between S-Plan pricing and HIS dealer invoice was about $300 for my 2007 Tahoe.

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
Hi,

Where did you get $250-$300 from? GM Supplier discount is several k's, the reason I know this, is I have a supplier code that I bought several GMC cars with. For our fleet we received 3k off on our Yukon XL. Basically you have to have a supplier code (ID number) its not something you just ask for, then they take that code and look up your discount rate.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Forgot to add my wife received 2k off her SAAB with that code.

We are saying that supplier pricing is only a few hundred away from invoice, not MSRP.

OP
OP
J

jlcvt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After going over the numbers it looks like just working with the dealer for a lower price is the best way to go. The dealer first offer is about $1,000 over the supplier’s price with rebates deducted from both prices. Then I can use the $3,000 from my GM card, and then it would bring the price about $2,000 below the supplier’s price I was given. Plus the sales men mentioned if I was serious about buying he probably can do better on the price.

I think I will wait and hope that GM runs a little better deal next month. I have found a couple that are close to the one I want (wrong color interior) and would probably settle on one if I was offered the right deal.

Thanks for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968