Suspension Clank?? Im Boggled!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a question, got a 98 Tahoe, it has a three inch body lift, problem is when im driving and i come up to a stop everything is fine, but you know how when you come to a stop the rear of the truck raises up a little as the front dips down a little from the inertia of stopping, it feels like the rear never goes back down after stopping, but when i go to take off, either fast or slow, i get a clunk and it feels like the rear of the truck drops an inch or two, and sometimes when i go to take off if i just release the brake and let it roll from a stop, it will roll a few feet then the clunk happens and i feel the truck drop in the the back. Ive been under the rear of the truck checked every nut and bolt for tightness, looked for wear in joints and suspension but i find nothing!! any ideas??

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My yukon used to do the same thing. Turns out the u bolts were not fully tightened so the block would move around when braking.

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks fellas ill try both of these, tightening the bolts (again) and try the grease on the splines

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same thing but when i let the truck roll a little before giving it gas it wont pop. and only happens when i come to a med/hard stop. same thing im assuming

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same thing but when i let the truck roll a little before giving it gas it wont pop. and only happens when i come to a med/hard stop. same thing im assuming

yea same thing, it doesnt really make a clunk but stll it feels like a clunk

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so we have to take the drive shaft out to grease the splines i guess right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968